The S6A is an ultrasonic flowmeter that accurately measures liquid chemical feed from a chemical feed pump. The S6A uses ultrasonic technology to measure flow rates as low as 10 ml/min. It is plumbed into the chemical feed lines and provides real-time measurement of flow and totalization. It is capable of sending analog and digital outputs to PLC, SCADA, or other control systems.
The S6A is a plug-and-play flow meter that works out of the box. It is also easily configurable via Blue-Central® desktop software to more precisely measure based on actual chemical and flow conditions.
Product Overview / Features
- The S6A can be ordered to measure two flow ranges: Range 1: 10 – 5,000 mL/min (0.158 – 79.2 GPH), Range 2: 100 – 10,000 mL/min (1.58 – 158.5 GPH). It is NSF 61 Listed for drinking water systems.
- The S6A can be supplied with visual display readings on the meter, or with a remote display.
- Configurable via Blue-Central® desktop software
- Isolated 4-20 mA output – fully configurable
- 0-10000Hz Pulse output – fully configurable
- User configurable flow rate and total set-point triggers
- Flow-rate readings as low as 10 mL/min
- Included wetted end fittings allow for more than 14 inlet and outlet configurations
- True-union fittings for ease of maintenance
- Wetted components constructed out of PVDF and PEEK
- Easy to read visual display.
- Configurable output solid state relay, used to close or open trigger at a flow-rate or to flow total for batching operation.
The S6A is designed to read steady and semi-smooth flows from peristaltic, mechanically driven diaphragm pumps, progressive cavity pumps, and gear pumps. It will not read pulse outputs from solenoid-driven diaphragm pumps.
The S6A can be used with most water treatment chemicals. Output can be used to stop chemical feed pump, notify operators of low or no flow conditions, and provide valuable feedback to control systems and data logging.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I purchase an S6A?
Please visit our Distributor Locator to purchase the S6A. If you need assistance, please submit a “Request a Quote” by visiting the product page here: https://www.blue-white.com/product/s6a-digital-ultrasonic-flow-meter/What is the difference between an MS6 and an S6A?
The MS6 Flowmeter is specifically engineered for utilization in municipal water systems and comes with a certified listing of NSF61, ensuring its compliance with regulatory standards for safe water usage. These flowmeters are exclusively available through our dedicated municipal representatives who provide sales and service support.
On the other hand, the S6A Flowmeter is designed to cater to industrial systems across various sectors. It offers compatibility and adaptability to meet the demands of diverse industrial applications.
While the MS6 and S6A Flowmeters are tailored for different usage scenarios, they share a common user experience in terms of functionality and operation. Both models utilize the same wetted parts, ensuring consistency in performance and reliability. Additionally, they employ identical programming, allowing for familiarity and ease of use across different applications.How does ultrasonics measure the flow?
The SONIC-PRO® MS6 and S6A meter uses the ultrasonic transit Transit-Time method to measure fluid flow in virtually any fluid in which sound waves can travel. The transducers, which generate and receive the sound waves, are located inside the fluid path and contain no moving parts. This method is extremely sensitive and can detect very low and high flow rates with no pressure losses due to the measuring principle.
The time-measuring method requires relatively “clean” fluid to enable the sound waves to complete their circuit. Therefore, large amounts of particles or large bubbles and air gaps may interfere with the sound waves and reduce or eliminate the ability of the meter to calculate flow.
The Transit Time measurement method works by sending a short ultrasonic signal burst first in one direction and then in the other between two transducers separated along the length of the meter. When traveling in the same direction as fluid flow, the burst is carried along by the fluid and arrives earlier as a result. When traveling against fluid flow, the burst is held back by the fluid and arrives later. The MS6/S6 measures this difference in time-of-flight in the two directions and calculates the fluid flow rate.Will the S6A work with my chemical?