The benefit of switching to the FLEXFLO® M4 to dose the predetermined amount of “nutrient water” was the significant output volume capability the pump possesses. The M4 peristaltic dosing pump increased the speed of the production line, which enabled a higher yield.
Come work with us!
Your journey to success starts here
We offer a satisfying career in manufacturing at virtually all levels of experience and education. Through training and career development, our team members are inspired and encouraged to achieve their goals while helping to create innovative products.
We are always looking for passionate people who will embrace our core values and vision. We believe in helping our employees achieve their goals both personally and professionally for optimal growth.
Please download and fill out the job application and attach it along with your resume/cover letter.
The Manufacturing Project Engineer develops and improves manufacturing by studying product and manufacturing methods, machine capacity and ergonomics, workflow and plant layout, and championing changes to maximize efficiency and product quality. Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting observations from operators. Actively pursues continuous improvement initiatives. Collaborates with and inspires others well by living a hard work ethic and supporting the needs of co-workers. The position performs a vital part in enhancing the Company’s infrastructure and has the capability to contribute to the strength and sustainable growth of Blue-White Industries.
The identification of Essential Job Function does not display an exhaustive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position, nor does it restrict the related work that may be assigned to this position.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods and processes by designing and conducting research programs; studying product requirements; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; and conducting testing.
- Implement and expand concepts such as Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, etc., to reduce manufacturing costs and increase process quality and throughput to help the company meet budgetary goals and performance quotas.
- Analyze manufacturing processes, workflow, space requirements, equipment layout, and material handling requirements; identify inefficiencies and make changes to resolve exiting manufacturing problems and optimize every stage of the manufacturing process
- Collaborate with all levels of Engineering to develop conceptual designs for new tools and innovative equipment to support long-term manufacturing improvement strategies.
- Confer with equipment vendors to determine specifications and capacities; provide cost-benefit analyses; and recommend the purchase of equipment, materials, or parts.
- Oversee existing equipment modifications or new equipment installations or upgrades to ensure compliance with appropriate engineering standards.
- Be active on the shop floor, providing day-to-day technical advice and support to manufacturing and maintenance by applying engineering principles, tools, and skills to resolve problems.
- Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
- Determine machining costs, and design and implement cost reduction systems.
- General oversight and monitoring of machinery, including project coordination for preventive maintenance, upgrades, and repair.
- Develop and implement engineering solutions to reduce or eliminate repetitive equipment failures.
- Perform risk assessment and value analysis to make accurate engineering decisions for repair, replacement, or redesign of equipment.
- Work with QC to assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; establishing quality standards; and testing process capabilities and finished products.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; review production schedules; and estimate future requirements.
- Work with Manufacturing staff to train on new equipment or optimization processes.
- Observe and record equipment operations and performance of tasks to determine time requirements, estimate fatigue factors, and improve ergonomics.
- Write and/or supplement equipment operation manuals; review current documentation and implement changes as required.
- Comply with all Company policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- BS in Engineering – Manufacturing, Mechanical. Technology or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering developing and improving manufacturing systems utilizing both engineering and lean principles.
- Experience in Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, CAD, CAD/CAM utilization.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of CNC machine tools and machining processes and efficient workflow.
- Experience in a technology-related industry desirable.
- Working knowledge with basic measurement devices (e.g., calipers, pin gauges, micrometers, etc.)
Preferred Additional Experience/Training/Education
- 1-2 years’ experience with Solidworks modeling software
- Working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Experience with digital multi-meters and other electronic test equipment.
- Excellent communication skills: capable of working with employees at all levels and effectively convey equipment operations and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to gain trust and influence others and project outcomes.
- Strong sense of urgency to identify problems and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop innovative processes and to resolve problems and improve production and product quality.
- Able to work “hands-on” on the shop floor to solve critical manufacturing problems.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills in a precision machining environment.
- Strong mechanical and mathematical skills; able to leverage expertise and creativity to solve complex problems.
- Analytical skills to identify areas of low efficiency and work to provide improvements.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and establish strong team relationships.
- Must demonstrate detail orientation as well as a “big picture” focus in considering each step of the manufacturing process.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize tasks, set schedules, and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Able to draw on diplomatic communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Requires minimal supervision.
General: Self-starter, with strong time management and organizational skills. Creative mindset, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Hands-on work style and strong attention to detail. Ability to work well individually and as a team member and demonstrate a flexible and collaborative approach when working with cross-functional teams. Takes the initiative to identify and implement effective solutions. Must demonstrate sound work ethic, flexibility, respectfulness, honesty, and trustworthiness. Must also be punctual and dependable. Must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Technical: Exceptional organizational, leadership and knowledge of CNC machining. Ability to speak clearly and convey information effectively, as well as exhibit excellent listening skills. Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of manufacturing engineering principles and applications, as well as CNC machinery and general understanding of their applications. Skilled with CAD CAM and other CNC machining programming software, as well as ability to effectively use other engineering software and Microsoft Office programs. Ability to organize, prioritize tasks, and maintain accurate records.
Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a strong working knowledge of CNC manufacturing terminology and processes. Ability to read and interpret documents such as product bulletins, notices and instructions, and procedure manuals, as well as scientific and technical journals and equipment manufacturers’ documentation. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives, managers, and front-line employees. Ability to resolve any issues or problems and communicate diplomatically and respectfully with other department employees and managers.
Math & Reasoning: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Physical and Environmental Elements
Physical Demands: Ability to stand, sit or move about continuously for up to 3/4 or more of a normal work shift. Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to reach with hands and arms occasionally. Ability to talk and to hear continuously. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. Finger dexterity is required frequently for up to 1/2 of the normal work shift for demonstrating machine set-up and assisting employees. Ability to see at close range (20 inches or less), at a distance (clear vision at 20 feet or more), ability to identify and distinguish colors, ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left, and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships, and ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Work Environment: Employee works in an office environment with typical phone and equipment noise, as well as frequently in a non-air-conditioned manufacturing environment with moderate to high noise levels from the air and electrically operated machinery and equipment, and some variation in temperature due to external weather conditions each day. May be occasionally briefly exposed to chemical vapors from parts cleaning, forklifts, or other sources during the workday.
May be required to work weekends and holidays as business necessitates; schedules will be determined by the department supervisor/management with at least 48 hours in advance notice.
Blue-White Industries is committed to a respectful and purposeful work environment; this includes each team member taking responsibility for the greater good of the Company and its’ goal to provide exceptional products and services, and to create a sustainable future for the Company and its employees. Each team member is expected to strive for excellence in all aspects of their work as well as engage in actively encouraging their teammates to also strive for excellence.
Please note this job description does not necessarily cover all expected activities, duties, or responsibilities, further may be assigned as the business need occurs, with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management.