Technical Support Engineer is responsible for responding to and resolving clients’ technical issues in a timely, efficient, professional manner. Responsibilities also include documenting all issues, Technical troubleshooting, providing root cause analysis and resolution.
Essential Job Functions
The identification of Essential Job Functions does not display an exhaustive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position, nor does it restrict the related work that may be assigned to this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain existing customer relationships
- Provide first level troubleshooting and resolve issues over the phone or through e-mail communications
- Communicate effectively with clients to determine root cause and appropriate course of action
- Develop customer knowledge by providing technical information and training
- Consult with engineers and other professional and technical personnel on product capabilities
- Maintain close coordination with Sales team, engineering, manufacturing and technical staff
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or assigned
- Comply with all Company policies
- BS in Engineering required
- 1-2 years work experience working in Engineering or Technical Support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Preferred Additional Experience/Training/Education
- Knowledge and/or experience in industrial controls & equipment
- Proficient in ticketing systems
- Strong familiarity with using CRMs like Zendesk or Freshdesk.
- 2-3 years work experience working in Engineering or Technical Support
- In-depth Mechanical, Fluid Mechanics, and Electrical engineering knowledge
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly build relationships with sales representatives and customers
- Independent thinker and self-motivated, with creative and innovative mindset
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and presentation skills, with patience and self-control, active listening, positive attitude, and accountability
- Able to interact closely with Sales Representatives to enhance sales and customer satisfaction
- Advanced computer skills working with Microsoft Office
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed quality records/documentation
- Requires minimal supervision
General: Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Attention to detail. Ability to work well individually and as a team member and demonstrate a flexible and collaborative approach when working with cross-functional teams. Takes the initiative to identify and implement innovative and effective solutions. Demonstrates professionalism with personal integrity, accountability and transparency. Must demonstrate sound work ethic, flexibility, respectfulness, honesty and trustworthiness. Must also be punctual and dependable. Must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Technical: Exceptional engineering, sales and customer relationship skills. Must demonstrate exceptional in-depth technical knowledge of a wide variety of flow measurement and metering pump products and understanding of their applications. Advanced PC skills with Microsoft Office programs.
Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak clearly and convey information effectively, as well as exhibit excellent listening skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles and make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations. Ability to prepare advanced correspondence and detailed reporting. Ability to communicate diplomatically and respectfully with customers, as well as Sales Managers and Sales Representatives.
Math & Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables, and to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Physical and Environmental Elements
Physical Demands: Ability to sit continuously for up to 1/3 or more of normal work shift. Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and to reach with hands and arms occasionally. Ability to talk and to hear continuously. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. Finger dexterity is required frequently for up to 1/3 or more of the normal work shift for PC input. Ability to see at close range (20 inches or less), at a distance (clear vision at 20 feet or more), ability to identify and distinguish colors, ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships, and ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Work Environment: Position is typically performed in an office environment with standard equipment and moderate noise levels (examples: computers, printers, fax, copiers, light traffic, and phone). Ability to work remotely with frequent independent driving and travel.
May be required to work weekends and holidays as business necessitates; schedules will be determined by the department supervisor/management with at least 48 hours in advance notice.
- Valid CA Driver license and driving record that allows insurability
Blue-White Industries is committed to a respectful and purposeful work environment; this includes each team member taking responsibility for the greater good of the Company and its’ goal to provide exceptional products and service, and to create a sustainable future for the Company and its employees. Each team member is expected to strive for excellence in all aspects of their work as well as engage in actively encouraging their teammates to also strive for excellence.